Choosing the Right Car Seat
Kids car seats play a vital role in our lives and that of our children, right from birth to toddlers. it is an essential necessity in our lives..
We need car seats to safely secure our kids in order to reduce the risk of serious injuries or even death in case of accidents.
Yet buying and installing a car seat can seem overwhelming. When you look down the store for a car seat you will be outterly confused.
So sit back and let me do the work for you, read this guide and learn about different varieties of car seats and where to get them.
You just need to consider three things:
- Your baby’s age
- Your baby’s weight and height
- Whether the car seat meets safety standards
Here’s a quick guide how to choose a car seat based on weight, height and age of your kid:
0 to 2 years. A rear-facing seat is best for your child in this very tender age.
2 to 4 years : Use a forward-facing child safety seat…and the child should not be more than 40 pounds
4 to 8 years:Use a belt-positioning booster seat. Always keep kids in the back seat. and child should be not more than 9 inches.
8 years:.Seat belts (without a booster seat) are OK. But your child should keep using a booster seat until adult seat belts fit properly.
You can check if the adult seat belt fits your child by; checking the position of the lap belt and the shoulder belt if they are on the child’s upper thighs and chest respectively.
See below for individual product descriptions, pros and cons…
- 4-in-1 seat grows with your child, so you can enjoy 10 years of use, from 4 – 120 lb Extend2Fit 4-position extension panel provides 5″ additional leg room
- Up to 50 lb rear-facing allowing your child to safely ride rear-facing longer plush inserts keep your child comfortable washable seat cover is easy to remove without removing the harness
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System headrest and Harness adjust together one-hand, 10-position adjustable headrest easily adapts for your growing child
- In Right LATCH system for an easy, one-second LATCH attachment integrated belt lock-off for easy vehicle seat belt installation easy-to-read level indicator helps eliminate rear-facing installation guesswork
- 2 integrated cup holders keeps your child’s drinks or snacks close at hand integrated harness storage compartment holds unused harness straps while in the belt positioning booster mode. Harness straps may be spot cleaned
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: a combination of the most rigorous crash tests that helps protect your child in frontal, side, rear & rollover crashes; additional testing based on the New Car Assessment Program and for extreme car interior temperatures
PROS CONS very easy installation and user friendly
awesome cup holders
it is light weight
it does not get tight
its difficult to clean
As your child grows from baby to toddler, The Boulevard click tight convertible car seat easily transitions from rear-facing to forward-facing. It’s tailor-made with a 4-way stretch athleisure fabric that’s ultra-soft and easy to clean. With click tight, you can install with confidence, every time. Simply open, buckle, close. Plus, easy-read level indicators and a quick-push recline help you find the proper angle for your vehicle. 2 layers of side impact protection surround your child’s head, neck and torso. A patented V-shaped tether, steel frame and Crumple zone give you peace of mind while you’re on the go. Quickly and easily adjust the 14-position harness and headrest with one hand for the perfect fit.
very easy to detach
great safety features
|no cup holders attached
The Chicco NextFit Zip Max is engineered for extended use and maximum comfort. 25% more legroom in rear-facing mode leaves room to grow all the way up to 50 pounds before transitioning forward. Extended calf support in forward-facing mode offers first class comfort for older children. A full-body newborn positioner, 9-position headrest and padded, no-rethread harness accommodate growth throughout both modes.
The NextFit Zip Max is designed to deliver the confidence of a secure install with remarkably simple leveling and tightening. A SuperCinch force-multiplying tightener and LockSure belt-locking system make it easy to achieve a tight fit with LATCH or with the vehicle seat belt. DuoGuard provides two layers of side-impact protection with a deep rigid shell and EPS energy-absorbing foam. The seat shell is also reinforced with a steel frame.
The NextFit Zip Max transitions smoothly from vehicle to vehicle and between modes thanks to premium LATCH connectors with click-on attachment and push-button release, plus a built-in slide path to re-position the LATCH strap for forward-facing mode.
For added comfort and convenience, the NextFit Zip Max features a machine-washable, zip-off seat pad and a breathable 3D AirMesh backrest.
For use from 4-50 lbs in rear-facing mode, from 22-65 lbs in forward-facing mode, and up to 49″
|very easy to clean
soft mesh fabrics
cant get the restrains easily
The Diono Radian 3RXT is the original 3 across All-in-One convertible car seat, trusted by over a million parents to protect their child from birth to booster 5 – 120 lb / 2.2 kg – 54 kg.Lovingly engineered with the famous Diono Steel Core and now rear facing for even longer, expect 10 years of safety from just one car seat. The 2020 Radian 3RXT provides safe and comfortable newborn positioning thanks to the new 2-in-1 infant positioning liner with integrated newborn travel high wedge. The wedge creates a lie-flat travel position, pushing baby up to reduce head slump while helping to keep airways open. As your baby grows, simply remove the wedge to allow the 2-in-1 infant positioning liner to give extra infant comfort and toddler support. Designed and engineered with complete rear facing protection, radian 3RXT will keep now your precious cargo rear facing for even longer up to 50 lb / 22.7 kg, approx. 4 years old. Then as they transition to forward facing, the aluminum reinforced headrest can be adjusted to one of 12 positions for safety that grows with them up to 57” / 145 cm tall. Built with a mechanically engineered, reinforced steel core, made from automotive grade high strength steel, the radian is always ready to shield and protect. And when your family grows, the slim fit design will fit 3 acrosin most vehicles without compromising child safety or passenger comfort. As travel experts, Diono have naturally built in super portable features to the radian 3RXT with original fold for easy transport and storage and steel reinforced cup holders to store essential road trip drinks and snacks. The radian is also aircraft certified (FAA approved), so you can take safety with you wherever you go!
|it has good cushions
very easy and safe for toddlers to use
takes too much space
has no leg room for bigger kids
The CYBEX Eternis S with Sensor Safe All-In-One Car Seat offers 10 years of use in one easy-to-use package – making it the only car seat your child will need, from birth and beyond. The Sensor Safe technology integrates important next-gen safety features into the chest clip of the car seat to alert you when unsafe situations arise. The Eternis S offers an adjustable Linear Side-impact Protection (L. S. P. System), which absorbs up to 25% more impact forces in the event of a side impact collision and a patented 3-position reclining headrest, which helps prevent the child’s head from falling forward while asleep, guiding the head and neck into a safe position. These features, combined with a steel reinforced frame for strength and durability provide advanced child safety protection and peace of mind. Suitable from 4 lbs. up to 120 lbs., the Eternis S offers 3 stages of protection – as a rear-facing infant seat up to 50 lbs., a forward facing convertible seat and then as a belt-positioning booster that lasts through your child’s first 10 years of age. SensorSafe is compatible with most vehicles 2008 or newer with an OBD II port. For some electric vehicles, contact Cybex as an additional adapter may be needed.
|very easy to connect to cars
durable are strong
very easy to clean
|it does’nt connect to all cars|
- 3-In-1 seating system: rear-facing, from 4-40 pounds; forward-facing to 65 pounds; and up to 100 pounds in Booster mode
- Side Impact protection with GCell protects your child’s head where it’s needed most in a side impact crash
- Clipquik auto-magnetic chest clip gets you on your way quickly
- Ez out spring assisted harness covers for easy boarding
- Flip away buckle won’t get in the way while getting in and out of the seat
Clek Fllo is a compact convertible car seat that is complete with industry-leading safety features like extended rear-facing use up to 50 lb., a steel anti-rebound bar and Clek patented Energy-Absorbing Crumple Technology. The Clek Fllo offers Advanced Side Impact protection with deep side wings, energy-absorbing foam layers, and an adjustable structural headrest. At less than 17 inches wide, Fllo conveniently fits 3-across in most vehicles. Made in North America.
- Made In Italy. Reversible-can be used rear facing for children 5 to 45 pound and forward facing for children 22 to 65 pound
- Side impact protection protects child’s head, neck and spine, easily adjusts to 10 different positions, even with child in the seat, ensuring the best and safest fit
- Energy-absorbing foam, EPS throughout the seat protects child’s head and torso from impact forces, a shock absorbing foam element device located below the shell crumples upon impact, reducing stress on child’s neck and shoulders in the event of a crash
- Contoured steel back plate minimizes flexing and reduces forward movement, contoured base provides extra stability in any seating position
- Top tether hook increases stability in forward-facing mode and limits forward movement, adjustable latch connectors add stability and are easy to reposition for rear-facing or forward-facing installation
|seats are big and comfortable for even older kids
very easy to use
|it does not have recline button
has sharp stitches which causes rashes and cuts in kids
- ANYWHERE YOU GO: The Pico travel car seat can be used every day, every way—on a plane or in the carpool lane. Whether you’re ridesharing or road tripping, Pico’s got you and your little ones covered. With Pico’s slim design, you can fit 3 across in most vehicles.
- DESIGNED FOR SAFETY: Pico meets all U.S. safety standards regulated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Federal Aviation Administration, so it’s ready for the road or the air.
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Weighing just 8 pounds, Pico makes it easy to travel light. Our AeroWing aerospace-grade aluminum frame offers lightweight strength, and the AstroKnit performance wool/polyester mesh fabric cover keeps kids cool and comfortable.
- FOLD & GO: Compact and foldable, the Pico is easy to carry or stow, and fits in the overhead bin.
- TRAVEL BAG NOT INCLUDED
Pros Cons easy to install
good for travelling long distance
no head rest
a bit expensive
With all of the adventure ahead, you want your bundle of joy to ride safely, securely, and comfortably. The Kids Embrace Mickey Mouse Combination Car seat provides a luxurious and enchanting journey for many years to come. Rated as the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety “Best Bet Booster,” this car seat fits your child, your style, and your lifestyle. For forward facing use it’s perfect for children 22 to 65 pounds or for a booster for kids 30 to 100 pounds. Featuring a 5 point harness, 2 position recline, 2 position crotch belt, and a 1 hand harness adjusting system you have finally found the car seat your child will actually love staying in. Cradle your little one in a car seat that will bring a little magic to car rides with this Kids Embrace Mickey Mouse Car Seat.
The safety of our kids is very important to us, so do not waste much time and go and get yourself a brand new high quality car seats for your kids…..